dustry.” New York Times. February 5, 2015. www.nytimes.
19. Terhune, Chad. “UCLA Health System data breach affects 4. 5 million patients.” Los Angeles Times. July 17, 2015.
20. Simon, Steven R. et al. “Patients’ Attitudes Toward Electronic Health Information Exchange: Qualitative Study.”
Journal of Medical Internet Research
11, no. 3 (
July-Sep-tember 2009): e30. www.jmir.org/2009/3/e30/.
21. Whiddett, Richard et al. “Patients’ attitudes towards
sharing their health information.” International Journal
of Medical Informatics 75, no. 7 (July 2006): 530-541.
22. Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT. “Guide
to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information.” April 2015. www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/
23. Jackson, Sara L. et al. “Patients Who Share Transparent
Visit Notes With Others: Characteristics, Risks, and Benefits.” Journal of Medical Internet Research 16, no. 11 (
November 2014): e247. www.jmir.org/2014/11/e247.
24. Wolff, Jennifer L. et al. “Inviting patients and care partners
to read doctors’ notes: OpenNotes and shared access to
electronic medical records.” Journal of the American Medi-
cal Informatics Association 24, no. 1 (April 2017): e166-e172.
Jared W. Klein ( email@example.com) is assistant professor of medicine at
Harborview Medical Center and the University of Washington School of
Medicine, based in Seattle, WA. Sara L. Jackson is clinical associate professor of medicine, Natalia V. Oster and Sue Peacock are research consultants,
and Joann G. Elmore is professor of medicine at Harborview Medical Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine. Tom Delbanco is
professor of medicine, and Jan Walker is assistant professor of medicine at
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, based in
Quiz ID: Q1828901 | EXPIRATION DATE: JANUAR Y 1, 2019
HIM Domain Area: Clinical Data Management
Article—“Who Reads Their Doctor’s Notes?”
Review Quiz Questions and Take the Quiz Based
on this Article Online at
Note: AHIMA CE quizzes have moved to an online-only format.
Who Reads Their