ta-Matching.” May 16, 2012. https://chimecentral.org/
4. Morris, Genevieve et al. “Patient Identification and Matching Final Report.” Office of the National Coordinator for
Health I T. February 7, 2014. www.healthit.gov/sites/default/
6. Bipartisan Policy Center. “Challenges and Strategies
for Accurately Matching Patients to Their Health Data.”
June 2012. http://cdn.bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-content/
7. College of Healthcare Information Management Executives. “Summary of CHIME Survey on Patient Data-Matching.”
8. The Pew Charitable Trusts. “Patient Matching Errors Risk
Safety Issues, Raise Health Care Costs.” June 29, 2017.
9. Morris, Genevieve et al. “Patient Identification and
Matching Final Report.”
10. Letter from US Senators Elizabeth Warren, Orrin Hatch,
Sheldon Whitehouse, Tammy Baldwin, and Bill Cassidy
to Gene L. Dodaro, Comptroller General, US Government
Accountability Office. October 3, 2017. www.warren.
11. 115th US Congress. “Departments of Labor, Health and
Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill, 2018.” US Committee on Appropriations.
12. 114th US Congress. “21st Century Cures Act (Public Law
114–255).” December 13, 2016. www.congress.gov/114/
13. Department of Health and Human Services. “Office of
the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology Announcement of Requirements and Registration for ‘Patient Matching Algorithm Challenge.’” April
28, 2017. www.patientmatchingchallenge.com/sites/de-
14. HeroX. “CHIME National Patient ID Challenge.” https://
15. College of Healthcare Information Management Executives. “CHIME National Patient ID Challenge.” https://
16. Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT. “Trusted
Exchange Framework Public Comments.” August 2017.
17. Johnson, Kate et al. “Getting the Right Information to the
Right Health Care Providers at the Right Time: A Road
Map for States to Improve Health Information Flow Be-
tween Providers.” National Governors Association. 2016.
18. US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of
the Secretary. “ 42 CFR Part 2. Confidentiality of Substance
Use Disorder Patient Records.” January 18, 2017. www.
de=42: 184.108.40.206.2&idno= 42.
19. College of Healthcare Information Management Executives. “Summary of CHIME Survey on Patient Data-Matching.”
20. Grassi, Paul A., Michael E. Garcia, and James L. Fenton.
“Digital Identity Guidelines.” National Institute of Standards and Technology. June 2017. https://doi.org/10.6028/
21. Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information
Technology. “Draft Trusted Exchange Framework.” Jan-uary 5, 2018. www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/draft-trusted-exchange-framework.pdf.
Rita Torkzadeh ( email@example.com) is officer, health information technology; Ben Moscovitch is manager, health information technology; and Josh Rising is director, healthcare programs at The Pew
Charitable Trusts. Jitin Asnaani is executive director at CommonWell
Health Alliance. Michelle De Mooy is director of the Privacy and Data
Project at the Center for Democracy and Technology. Jamie Ferguson
is vice president, health IT strategy and policy at Kaiser Permanente.
Mark Gingrich is chief information officer at Surescripts. Shaun Grannis is director of the Regenstrief Center for Biomedical Informatics
and associate professor at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
Eric Heflin is chief technology officer at The Sequoia Project and HI-ETexas. Andrew Hohwald is senior data analyst, clinical services
group at HCA Healthcare. Aaron Miri is former chief information officer and vice president, government relations at Imprivata. Robert S.
Rudin is information scientist at RAND Health, RAND Corporation.
Catherine Schulten is vice president, product management at Lifeme-dID. Allison Viola is director, health IT policy at Kaiser Permanente.
Chantal Worzala is vice president of health information and policy
operations at the American Hospital Association. John Halamka is
chief information officer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Advancing a Nationwide
Patient Matching Strategy
Quiz ID: Q1828907 | EXPIRATION DATE: JULY 1, 2019
HIM Domain Area: Clinical Data Management
Article—“Advancing a Nationwide Patient Matching Strategy”
Review Quiz Questions and Take the Quiz Based on
this Article Online at https://my.ahima.org/store
Note: AHIMA CE quizzes have moved to an online-only format.