4. Russell, Andrew. “Website streaming hundreds of
cameras in Canada, experts warn your connected devices could be at risk.” Global News. December 14, 2017.
5. US Food and Drug Administration. “Vulnerabilities
of Hospira LifeCare PCA3 and PCA5 Infusion Pump
Systems: FDA Safety Communication.” May 13, 2015.
6. Camara, Carmen et al. “Security and privacy issues in
implantable medical devices: A comprehensive survey.”
Journal of Biomedical Informatics (June 2015): 272-289.
7. Food and Drug Administration. “Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Identified in St. Jude Medical’s Implantable
Cardiac Devices and Merlin@home Transmitter.” FDA
Safety Communication. January 29, 2017.
8. Brooks, Megan. “Hospira Infusion Pumps at Risk for
Hacking, FDA Says.” Medscape.Ma y 20, 2015. www.
9. Anderson, Howard. “Medical Device Security Raises
Concerns.” infoRisk Today. May 17, 2011. www.inforisk-
10. TrapX Security. “Case Study: Healthcare Hospital Pacs
Medjack.” January 1, 2018. https://trapx.com/wpcon-
11. Snell, Elizabeth. “Medical Devices Reportedly Infected
in Ransomware Attack.” Health IT Security. May 16,
12. Fox-Brewster, Thomas. “Medical Devices Hit By Ransomware For The First Time In US Hospitals.” Fortune.
May 17, 2017. www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrews-
13. US Department of Homeland Security-Industrial
Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team.
“CareFusion Pyxis SupplyStation System Vulnerabilities.” March 29, 2016. https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov/advi-
14. von Ogden, Jacqueline. “Five Industries in Greatest
Danger of a Data Breach.” Cimcor. August 23, 2017.
15. Ponemon Institute. “Sixth Annual Benchmark Study on
Privacy and Security of Healthcare Data.” May 2016.
16. Sullivan, Tom. “More than half of hospitals hit with ransomware in last 12 months.” Healthcare IT News. April
7, 2016. www.healthcareitnews.com/news/more-half-
17. Laberis, Bill. “ 20 Eye-Opening Cybercrime Statistics.”
Security Intelligence. November 14, 2016. https://secu-
18. “Healthcare Industry Accounts for 88% of Ransomware Attacks.” HIPAA Journal (2016). www.hipaajournal.
Roger Shindell ( Rshindell@carosh.com) is the president and CEO of Carosh
First Class Solutions, Inc.
Not your traditional healthcare
consulting firm… services customized
to YOUR needs since 1988
Our Coding, Compliance & HIM Services
➢ Auditing: ICD-10CM/PCS, ProFee, HCCb
➢ Coding Support: Hospital and Physicianbb
➢ Compliance: HIPAA, Physician Practicebb
➢ Human Subject Research Compliance
➢ HIM Operational Assessments & Interimb
➢ SNF HIM and Compliance Consultingb
Our Release of Information Software
↳ Cortrak Standard includes tracking, scanning,
invoicing and reporting capabilities
↳ Cortrak Plus includes above capabilities and
utilizes Microsoft® SQL server